Certain functions below require the "admin" Sign In (request from webmaster). To be certain you're signed in as "admin"... (1) Sign Out of the LMV database... then (2) Sign In with the "admin" signin. Continue to the steps below.
Chapter treasurers and membership chairs can use the online Roster Database to monitor membership dues status as follows:
- (if you're not already signed in to the database) in the new window, click Sign In (upper right) and login with the LMV 'admin' username/password
- click on the Details tab (far right)... and Dues Status view
- pull down Filter to your chapter
- Note: member Status = Prospect and Chapter = Affiliate is filtered out of all the Dues views below.
- In cases where the "Dues Paid/Subscribed On" field was blank, the date of 01-January-1900 (really out-of-date!) was inserted.
- Other/unknown -- members have this dues status in the Roster Database if the data was entered from an Excel spreadsheet and dues status was not recognizable. These records should be Edited (suggest the Bulk Edit function... select a number of members, then hit Bulk Edit at top of page) to reflect either PayPal or Check/Cash payment methods. Until edited these records are treated as if they are Check/Cash (for purposes of determining delinquent dues status).
- PayPal(active) -- means that the member originally subscribed via PayPal to LMV membership dues on the "Subscribed On" date and has never cancelled the subscription, i.e. he/she has an "active" subscription that will continue to auto-renew on its anniversary date.
- Important: the Roster record should NOT be updated year-to-year upon receipt of renewal payment, because the PayPal(active) state is sufficient to denote that that member's dues are "current".
- PayPal(cancelled) -- means that the member had subscribed via PayPal but has since cancelled the subscription and the subscription will not auto-renew.
- Checks/Cash -- these are paper transactions from the member, provided to LMV on the indicated Dues Paid date, and that membership will expire based on chapter policy either 1-year after the payment -or- on 31-December of that year.
- Important: for Check and Cash payments the Roster record DOES need to be updated upon receipt of a renewal payment.
Now click on the view Dues Status - current and Filter on chapter... this will list all members who are "current" (paid up) with their dues, specifically:
- all members with Dues Paid by = PayPal(active)
- all members with payment by Check/Cash received within the past 365 days
- all members with Dues Paid by = PayPal(cancelled), with most recent subscription or renewal within the past 365 days
Now to determine all members whose dues are delinquent, click on the Dues Status - not current view and again Filter on chapter. This report is of course the inverse of the "Dues Status - current" report, namely including:
- all members with Dues Paid by = PayPal(cancelled) with most recent subscription or renewal older than 365 days
- all members with payment by Check, Cash, or Other/unknown received prior to 365 days ago -- [note that chapters using a calendar membership period may have to analyze this list to determine who is really current and who is not]
When and How do I Update Dues Status in the Roster Database?
- if you get a NEW PayPal subscription, or a Check or Cash payment... go to the Roster Database and update the "Dues paid by" and "Dues Paid/Subscribed On" fields with the date of receipt of payment.
- if you get a RENEWAL PayPal payment... don't do anything, as the PayPal(active) status (presumably already in the Roster Database) is all you need.
- if you get a CANCELLATION of a PayPal subscription... go to the Roster Database and update the "Dues paid by" field to "PayPal(cancelled)" and change the "Dues Paid/Subscribed On" to the date of the last renewal date for this subscription.
Determining PayPal Subscription Status
Here's a method that seems to work:
- go to PayPal.com and login to the chapter account
- My Account tab, click on Profile
- My Selling Tools... under Getting Paid... click Update to the right of My Automatic Payments
- you should now have a list subscriptions that you'll want to reflect in the PayPal(active) and PayPal(cancelled) fields of the Roster Database